Here is a machine you will often find occupied as much as the treadmills and the stationary bikes. The Stairmaster Freeclimber 4600 CL is another good piece of work from Stairmaster. The Stairmaster Freeclimber 4600 comes in both the plug-in (PT) and cordless (CL) models.
- I especially like the Stairmaster Freeclimber 4600 CL’s foot pedals. They are cushioned giving a thorough but low impact workout.
- Stairmaster Freeclimber 4600 CL gives a (marginally) more vigorous workout than the Stepmill with stepping rates ranging from 26 to 174 steps a minute.
- I also like the 20 levels of resistance it offers like the stationary bikes and Stepmills, only it feels harder to do the same in Stairmaster Freeclimber 4600 CL because it engages different leg and back muscles than both the bike and the stepmill.
- Stairmaster Freeclimber 4600 CL has easy grip handles providing maximum comfort while climbing.
- The other important feature I like is that the Stairmaster Freeclimber 4600 CL comes with an independent pedal geometry with 4 bar linkages. This keeps the pedal stable and allows correct and safe body movement.
- Stairmaster Freeclimber 4600 CL has ergonomically designed side rails that accommodate users of all heights.
- Stairmaster Freeclimber 4600 CL allows for adjustable and controlled pedal descend, which allows the user to exercise at their level of fitness.
- Stairmaster Freeclimber 4600 CL pre-requires a correct posture – straight back while exercise to avoid causing damage to lower back or limbs.
Other Specs for the Stairmaster Freeclimber 4600 CL:
- 4 Workout options to choose from – Quick Start, manual, Fat Burner, Calorie Burner.
- 2 Zone trainers – Speed Intervals and Heart Rate Zone Trainer
- 2 Fitness tests – CPAT Fire Fit Test and Multi Stage Fit Test
- Contact heart rate device built into the upper handlebars, which initiates the reading program.
- PolarA wireless compatible Heart Rate monitor
- Dimensions : 44″ (L) x 32″ (B) x 69″ (H)
- Reading Rack, Water bottle holder and accessory tray.
- Easy to operate Console and easy to read LCD Display
I would say with everything going for it in terms of workout options and level of intensity of workouts, this should be a piece of equipment you would be wiser to go for if;
1. You have a compact home where you would like to fit in a cardio equipment.
2. You want to have all the benefits a stepmill or treadmill can provide without risking treadmill-oriented injuries.
However, with the price of a brand new Stairmaster Freeclimber 4600 CL at USD 3499, you may want to opt for the Nautilus NE 2000 Elliptical (brand new), which provides similar benefits at USD 2199. A remanufactured (good condition) Stairmaster Freeclimber 4600 CL comes at USD 1699-1799.
Rating: 4 stars out of 5.
Purchase a Stairmaster Freeclimber 4600 CL: